Google, the coronavirus and your business
With Google taking steps to focus on the health and wellbeing of their staff during the coronavirus crisis, many of their services are no longer available, or have been put on hold. Google My Business has been significantly impacted, here are some of the areas that might be of interest to you:
- Google has turned off the ability for businesses to receive new reviews. If you go to leave a review for a business, it all functions fine, but the review won’t show up. This won’t be up and running again until business returns to normal.
- Google is enabling businesses like restaurants to add “delivery available” or “takeout available” to those businesses who are now offering these services. Generally, Google wouldn’t allow this, but under the circumstances we are happy they are.
- The question and answer feature on Google My Business has been removed.
- General business information edits are not being prioritised. Edits critical to health-related businesses will be processed.
- If you want to contact Google My Business, you’ll need to send them an email.
This is temporary and as we all get on top of the coronavirus, and staff return to work it will be business as usual.
Redhead Digital Marketing is here to help the charitable sector and socially missioned businesses get through these difficult times. We can help you realign your strategies, fundraising plans, help with appeals
and digital marketing campaigns. Please get in touch, call Andrea Jones on 0450613460 or email us at email@example.com. Or book a free one-hour consultation.