A digital marketing strategy is a plan that will help your small business reach its business goals through carefully selected marketing channels such as paid, earned and owned media.
Many small businesses don’t have a digital marketing strategy in place instead they have a ‘spray and pray’ approach. They invest in all sorts of digital marketing channels not looking at what is aligned to their overall business objectives. This weakens the impact of these activities, ends up in wasted resources (budget and staffing) and your chances of being successful.
Having a digital marketing strategy in places means your budget and staffing resources are planned and allocated effectively to meet your business objectives, maximise wins, attract and retain customers and grow your business.
The key benefits of having a marketing strategy in place include:
- ABILITY TO COMPETE WITH LARGER COMPANIES
- The ability to compete with larger companies who have bigger budgets and win. In the digital marketing world, you don’t have to have a huge budget to see business growth. Knowledge of your customers, innovation and creativity can see your business perform really well.
- KEY OBJECTIVES
- Understanding what success looks like for your business is it about building brand awareness, lead generation and sales, or all of these outcomes?
- UNIQUE VALUE PROPOSITION
- Knowing what your unique value proposition (your why/purpose) is so that you can have a competitive advantage in the market.
- Learning more about your audiences and the challenges that they might be facing that you could help them with.
- CUSTOMER’S BUYER JOURNEY
- Understanding your customers’ buyer journey so that you can communicate with them effectively and ensure an outstanding experience across every touchpoint.
- Analyse your competitors not just in your industry but in other industries that excel at what you’re doing and benchmarking against these so that you constantly are ahead of the competition.
- Identifying any gaps in what you’re doing that could lead to revenue growth. Or areas that you no longer need to focus on because these activities aren’t providing any growth for your business.
- The ability to measure and analyse your digital marketing campaigns immediately. And the ability to be agile and respond to the data that is provided to stay ahead of the competition and meet your customers’ needs.
Digital is constantly changing. And so are the opportunities for your company. We’ll help you undertake robust market research to understand your audience and how to position your brand along with their buying journey.
From this we’ll work with you to develop your key business objectives and the marketing channels and tactics you need to achieve growth.
We’re experts in providing digital marketing strategy for small local businesses in Perth, Dunsborough and Margaret River. Get in touch to discover more.